This panda apron sparks my joy. It was a gift from my partner and it reminds me of him every time I wear it.
This contest celebrates the many special items in our life that spark joy. Follow the instructions below for your chance to win!
1. FOLLOW @konmaricanda
2. POST a photo of something that sparks your joy. Explain why and use the hashtag #SPARKSMYJOY
PRIZE: The Winner will drawn at random on January 8, 2017. The winner of the contest will receive a free KonMari Starter Session consisting of two hours of in-person or online support with the KonMari Method (Value CAD $150). For in-person support, you are required to live in the Greater Vancouver Regional District. A winner from outside of Vancouver will receive 2 hours of phone (Skype) coaching. In addition, the winner will win a free copy of The Life-Changing Magic: A Journal, by Marie Kondo (CAD 21.99).
Open to anyone 19 years and older only.
Contest rules and terms can be found in the blog section of my website. By entering you agree to these contest rules.
Contest Rules and Terms
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This contest is open only to those who participate in the contest on Instagram and who are 19 as of the date of entry. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Marina Ramalho as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 12 PM, January 3, 2017 and ending 12 PM January 14, 2017.
4. How to Enter: The contest is entered by submitting an entry on Instagram using the identified hashtag #sparksmyjoy and with an explanation of why the item sparks joy. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Marina Ramalho. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Marina Ramalho.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the contest (the “Winner”) will receive a free online starter session consisting of two hours of in-person or online support with the KonMari Method (Value CAD $150). For in-person support, you are required to live in the Greater Vancouver Regional District. In addition, the winner will win a free copy of The Life Changing Magic: A Journal, by Marie Kondo (CAD 21.99). The Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Marina Ramalho. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Marina Ramalho to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Marina Ramalho. Winner will be notified on Instagram within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Marina Ramlho shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notice or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT MARINA RAMALHO'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Marina Ramalho, anyone acting on behalf of Marina Ramalho, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, username name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Marina Ramalho. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Marina Ramalho from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Marina Ramalho may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Marina Ramalho reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Marina Ramalho's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Marina Ramalho may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Marina Ramalho. Marina Ramalho reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Marina Ramalho has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Marina Ramalho reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Marina Ramalho from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND BRITISH COLUMBIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this constest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in British Columbia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Constest is Marina Ramalho. 3 1930 12th Ave E. Vancouver, BC Canada V5N 2A7.
15. Instagram:The Campaign hosted by Marina Ramalho (KonMarina) is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
16. By entering, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.