Joy of Less is seeking a Communications and Marketing Intern!
No resume necessary - send me an email about you. What you have done, what motivates you, and what attracts you to this opportunity. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to practical skills listed below, we are looking for someone passionate about topics such as minimalism, the KonMari Method, home organizing, and interior design.
Joy of Less is a new, fast-fast growing business that supports people to declutter and organize their home using the KonMari Method. The method was developed by Japanese home organizer Marie Kondo who wrote the New York Times best-selling book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
The owner of Joy of Less, Marina Ramalho, was the first in Canada to be certified as a KonMari Method Consultant after training with Marie Kondo in 2016. The business has two product lines: in-person consulting and online courses. The intern will be primarily focused on the latter.
The intern will draft content for social media as well as pitches for online and print and publications. The intern will also support the creation of presentation materials and graphics.
There is a great deal of room for creativity in this role. Building a business in this space is about developing partnerships, crafting persuasive messages and even creating new business lines.
There is also room to grow into a part-time paid or full-time position depending on the growth of the business. If you would like to work out of an office, we do have shared space at an office on Kingsway near Metrotown.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow Joy of Less social media presence
- Develop new social media strategies
- Assist with media partnerships
- Write new blog content
- Draft and edit new presentations for seminars and client work
- Experience in social media marketing beyond personal use
- Good sense of current digital marketing trends
- Experience in online content creation and blogging
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint
More about Joy of Less: